16 Jul Volunteer Needed: ArtCan PA to Kate Enters, Founder & Director of ArtCan
ArtCan Volunteer Role: PA to Kate Enters and administrative support
ArtCan is a non-profit arts organisation that supports artists through profile raising activities and exhibitions, an open network of ‘likeminded’ peers, and practical support structures.
The ArtCan team strive to develop a vibrant exhibition and events programme for their members and international artists who have no formal gallery representation. This also ensures that ‘art’ is being shared to the wider public audience in an accessible and exciting fashion. In turn, this enables artists to find their voice and sustain their practice.
Now in its sixth year, ArtCan is continuing to grow. The volunteer role of PA to our Founder and Director, with additional responsibility to provide administrative support to the existing team, has been agreed by the board of trustees as essential in supporting our growth and development.
The ArtCan Volunteer will be an integral part of the administrative team and key areas of support will include but not be limited to:
- Development of our event programme to complement our vibrant exhibitions in partnership with Director Kate Enters (Current 2019 calendar of events available upon contact)
- Day to day (or when able) admin support including liaison with the ArtCan Artists, Advisory Committee and Trustee group as necessary
- Curatorial Support for the ArtCan exhibitions alongside Director (Kate)
- PR and Marketing support to our Director (Kate) – including press release collation / contact management / image database management
- Research and development of brand partnerships in conjuncture with our Director
- Support in developing our quarterly newsletter – includes liaison with our artists and network for ‘news worthy’ stories
- Attendance at our Exhibitions and Events – to include guest list management, photography and press liaison
- ½ a day a week flexi time or the same morning / afternoon each week that suits your other commitments.
- One meeting per month to take place with our Director at a mutually beneficial time.
- The ArtCan administrative team practice a ‘flexi-working’ model and volunteers are expected to show individual diligence and dedication in working alone.
- We hope that all volunteers will commit to a one-year commitment with ArtCan with a view to continuing onwards if desired.